Last week Renee attended the Natural Products Expo West which is the world’s largest natural and organic products event. The event bought together more than 86,000 attendees from 136 countries creating a hotspot for international trends.
With 3,600 exhibitors and more than 600 first-time exhibitors, emerging brands met industry leaders – connecting the future of healthy products.
The represented industries included food and beverage, beauty and home, supplements and nutrition. Here are five of the latest trends:
- CBD and hemp products: Unquestionably the “market-to-enter” at this moment. While regulatory difficulties exist, start-ups battle big industry rulers acquiring manufacturers. The development of this market will certainly be in the spotlight for the remainder of 2019 and beyond.
- Increasing sales in plant-based products: The U.S. is generating an increase demand for new plant-based products, from cheeseburgers to ice-cream. The market requires strict rules, as the manufacturers must undergo a swab test of the production line to ensure the product is clean of residues and allergen-free.
- Nutrition meets function: New health and nutrition bars include sources of energy, like caffeine-based bars with green-tea and coffee sources.
- Boom in diet-friendly products: As consumers continue moving more toward specialized diet preferences, like Paleo, Keto, Pescetarian, gluten-free, etc., the market for new products continues to soar.
- Environmental wins the day: Across all industries – from products through packing – biodiversity, sustainability and regenerative agriculture were the main focus on the show.