With endless possibilities for toppings that do not include meat, avocado toast is a delicious way to incorporate key nutrients into your diet without sacrificing your or the planet’s health. Enjoy!
Avocado Toast Recipe
-1 slice sough dough bread
-1 teaspoon lemon juice
-Salt to taste
-Black pepper to taste
-1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
-Optional toppings: Fried egg, red pepper flakes, hemp seeds sesame seeds
- Toast the bread until golden brown.
- On the toast mash the avocado with a fork until smooth. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Lay your fried egg on top
- Season to taste. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with your preferred toppings
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
-Use ripe avocados. An overripe avocado will be mushy, while an underripe avocado will be hard to mash. The perfect avocado will be slightly soft to the touch.
-Get creative with your toppings. There are endless possibilities! Try adding red pepper flakes, hemp seeds, micro greens, sesame seeds, hard-boiled egg, sliced tomato, or anything else you like.