Luxury Hotel Co-Branded Partnerships
Covetable brands are putting their stamp on a variety of special partnerships with hotels around the world. Here are four examples:
1. La Mer Spa and Baccarat Hotel & Residences New York
Partnering with French crystal maker and hotel brand Baccarat Hotel & Residences New York,
prestige skincare brand La Mer opened its first full-service spa, Spa La Mer, in 2015.
2. Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong and Art Basel
For years the Mandarin Oriental has been the official hotel of Art Basel Hong Kong offering an exclusive Art Stay package including accommodations and special access to the fair with benefits like access to the Collectors Lounge and unlimited entries.
3. Porsche and Rancho Valencia, Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Rancho Valencia is a master at partnering with some of the world’s finest luxury brands to create an unparalleled guest experience, including Porsche of San Diego. Guests can take their favorite model for a spin near the property, or even for a scenic drive up the California coastline.
4. Le Labo Tubereuse 40 and Park Hyatt New York
Park Hyatt partnered with Tubereuse 40 – one of the mostly highly sought- after NYC signature scents by perfumer Le Labo. Park Hyatt offers the perfume as in-room amenity including hair products, body gel, soap and lotion. The scent has become a part of the New York sensory experience.
The property took co-branding to a new level opening a Le Labo retail space inside the hotel’s Spa Nalai and The Park Hyatt has become the only hotel to sell full-sized Le Labo products.
Co-branding tips for hospitality
- Choose brands that compliment and enhance your property’s image ensuring partnerships are symbiotic with existing products featured in your hotel.
- When selecting partners, keep in mind the size of the partner brand, market share and consumer brand recognition.
- Just like any relationship, the communication between both parties is essential from the beginning – a failing communication can affect the bottom line for both parties.
- Ensure the products you choose for the co-branding partnerships have the same or a higher level of quality.
A successful alliance will ultimately benefit both parties as well as the hotel guests.
- Refreshing brand sentiment
- Broadening your guest base
- Increasing market share
- Increasing brand credibility by “borrowing” from your partner brand
- Providing added value to your guests