These simple halloween tips are the first steps toward healing the planet. In other words, you and your family can hugely contribute to the environment by starting right in your own home. Although may not seem like an important initiative, making simple changes can create a much larger impact than people realize. On a much larger scale, if you are interested in improving your company’s corporate sustainability initiative, don’t hesitate to reach out! It’s not only an area of expertise, but a passion for The Miller Group. https://www.millergroup.com.
Here are some additional tips from The Miller Group to make your Halloween eco-friendly:
- Use your imagination and DIY your costumes! Find things around the house that can be used for kids costumes such as old t-shirts, toilet paper rolls, and scraps of paper.
- Make your own fake blood from recipes online! You can use this for face paint too! ( Just make sure it’s lead and cruelty free.)
- When it’s time to say goodbye to your pumpkins (or jack-o-lanterns), compost them!
- Pass out fair-trade chocolate treats to any trick-or-treaters that come your way!
- Use a pillow case as your trick-or-treat bag – and paint it to make it your own!
- Invest in eco-friendly decorations from sites like Etsy to use for many years to come, or even make your own from household items!
- Don’t buy plastic pumpkins from craft stores, get the real thing from farmers!
We hope you have enjoyed these tips and find the value in doing your part with the sustainability movement. Additionally, tips like these can not only be applied to Halloween, but can also carry on as you prepare for your next event or holiday gathering. If you have some favorite tips to share, drop them in the comments box! Again, Happy Sustainable Halloween from The Miller Group!